Instructions?

Jun 4, 2013 at 3:20 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Hi,

I'm a network admin, but generally have little to do with websites. Can you give some brief initial setup steps for those of us unfamiliar with this area?

Thanks - looking forward to testing this out.
Jun 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Sure thing! Hopefully it'll help you:
  1. Download and install Visual Studio Express: http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/products/visual-studio-express-products
  2. Open the solution (go to the Download section)
  3. Once in Visual Studio, Right click on the Project (Unosquare.PassCore.Web) and click on "Publish"
  4. Move the resulting folder to the path where your IIS sites reside
  5. Go to IIS and add the folder as a site. Make sure the Application Pool is a .NET 4/Integrated Pipeline App Pool and that the bindings are properly configured.
Let me know if you get stuck in any of the steps.
Jun 25, 2013 at 2:54 PM
Thank you very much.
Jun 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM
I made a mistake. I just reviewed the zip file and you don't need to recompile at all. you can just download, extract and add to IIS.
I added the steps in the documentation section.

If you want to recompile, you can download the source from the Source Code section.
I apologize for the misunderstanding.
Jul 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Hi - Just had a chance to get this working.

After a bit of messing around with some IIS errors - I'm on a Win 2008 R2 box and had to install .NET 4.5 manually, which tripped me up - it's working great!

Now I need to convince my manager that we need to get this working for our external users.

Great work.
Dec 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM
Thanks Newt_Othis!
Jan 14, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Edited Jan 14, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Thanks,
Tried this on a non-IIS7 and did not work (just restating the obvious I guess). Trying now on IIS7.
So, the URL users point to is just the root of the Site? I guess default documents is a legacy requirement?
Thx for the App and the feedback.